Dodman Books (a trading name of Morston Marketing Ltd) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In legal terms we are 'data controllers' of individuals’ personal information and are subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR), which came into force on May 25th 2018.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to fulfil the company’s obligations under the GDPR with regard to providing you with information on how we may process your personal information, how we use it and what your rights are in relation to it.
The personal information we have:
We hold some or all of the following types of personal information about individuals:
- Contact details (including e-mail address(es), telephone number(s) and postal address(es));
- Contact history (ie. notes on when and why we have contacted you in the past);
- Sales history
- Directly from you, when you contact us, attend an event, or subscribe to our newsletters or other publications or information sources
- Requested from you, eg. via social media
We have a legitimate interest in properly running the company. Accordingly, personal information collected and processed by us may be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you on matters which we believe are of legitimate interest to you or where you have given consent
- The other permissible reasons for using your data within the GDPR are contractual obligation, legal obligation, public interest and your own or others’ vital interests. While it is unlikely that we will need to use your data on these bases, we reserve the right so to do.
We will only send you communications which we believe to be of legitimate interest or which you have requested. These may include newsletters, event information, offers, and other relevant written or electronic communications.
We do not sell or share your personal information to or with other organisations.
How long we keep your personal information for
We hold your information only as long as is necessary for each purpose we use it. If we are contacting you on an regular or ongoing basis your information will be held while that communication continues. This is subject to regular review and data will be deleted or destroyed if regular communication has ceased. How we keep your personal information
We may keep your information in the following ways:
- On paper in the company’s files
- In electronic formats such as Word and Excel documents
- On the servers of GDPR-compliant third parties, eg. email management companies such as Constant Contact. Your data is never shared with other users of these resources.
You have rights in relation to the personal information we have about you. You have the right to:
- request access to your information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- make a request to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and completed if it is incomplete;
- request that we erase your personal information;
- request that we restrict the processing of your information;
- receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you
- and object to us processing your personal information.
The company's contact details for exercising these rights are set out below.
Contact and further information
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we process your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights under applicable law, you may contact the data controller:
- by email: email@example.com; or
- by post: Data Controller, Dodman Books, Morston Barn, The Street, Morston, Norfolk NR25 7AA.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office or raise a complaint at www.ico.org.uk/concerns, or call its helpline on 0303 123 1113. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner's Office website: www.ico.org.uk.